Sunday, August 28, 2011

Songs of the Week: August 21-28

Another week, another list of song suggestions. So far, I'm doing really well keeping up with this....go me! And heeeeere we go.

Portishead: Machine Gun -- So, I was in hardcore emo mode for a couple days this week. Not the most fun, but it happens. Ah well. This song, in particular, fit my mood perfectly one day. Not so much lyrically, but the overall tone of it. Just very heavy, a combo of melancholy and angry. Awesome.

Lydia: One More Day -- Oh, this song. Musically, I think it is absolutely gorgeous. However, it is beautiful in that tragic way that makes me want to cry, just because of the tone of it. Throw in the lyrics, and you get what is --in my opinion-- one of the top 5 most emo songs ever.

The Rocky Horror Picture Show Soundtrack: Time Warp -- I have had the entire Rocky Horror Picture Show soundtrack stuck in my head lately, but this song in particular keeps running through my noggin. Such a fun song! Plus, you gotta love that it tells you what the dance is...it's just a jump to the left! Then a step to the right!

A Skylit Drive: Thank God It's Cloudy Cause I'm Allergic to Sunlight -- My favorite song from the album Adelphia. Just wonderful.


The Spill Canvas: Our Song -- Yes, my recent obsession with The Spill Canvas has continued. I love what a different feel this song has from my last featured song by them ("The Tide"), and how it's actually upbeat! Plus, I think the video is adorable. As are the lyrics.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment